Energy & Carbon Management Consulting
Collaborit implements or improves your Energy Management System to adhere to ISO50001 and provide bottom line improvements with an average payback period of less than a year. Collaborit offers numerous services in energy efficiency ranging from strategy and specifications to project funding and implementation to regulatory reporting and analysis.
The energy landscape in which companies operate has changed noticeably in recent years. Internationally the growing awareness of the environmental impact of industrial and commercial operations has led to a desperate increase in energy measurement and monitoring. This has directly affected the direction that the South African government has taken in this regard. The updated IRP provides the framework for the government to map and define the direction of energy provision and climate change mitigation through various means (e.g. regulations and incentives). The most notable recent example of this is National Treasury’s intent to introduce carbon taxation from 2016.
Existing energy-related incentive programs (e.g. Section 12I and12L) will continue and also be integrated with carbon tax regulations. As such, the monitoring, measurement and management of energy usage and energy efficiencies will become increasingly important. This will require firms to be progressively more adept at managing energy-related processes – for instance as outlined under the ISO50 001 series of standards.
A compounding issue within the South African environment is the ongoing deterioration of electricity supply performance from Eskom. Despite energy security being placed highest on NERSA’s energy policy agenda, and the provisions of supply agreements and requirements outlined in NRS-048, supply from Eskom remains a material risk for firms operating within the country.
- Motors operating unnecessarily
- Equipment running below design capacity
- Oversized equipment
- Operational and inherent inefficiencies of
- Conveyors (multi- and single drive)
- Crushers and Screens
Collaborit Engineering Services can assist with the following energy and carbon consultation services:
- Implementing, operating, and maintaining an EnMS (Energy Management System) in accordance with ISO50001 and other applicable standards.
- Establish and continually update Energy Efficiency specifications.
- Complying with relevant energy legislation, associated regulations and other applicable requirements (Carbon Tax, Section 12L tax incentives etc.).
- Providing a framework for setting and reviewing Objectives and Targets.
- Ensuring continual improvement of our energy performance.
- Deploying technical information and resources to achieve our objectives and targets.
- Considering energy performance improvements in design and modification of our facilities, equipment, systems, and processes.
- Approval of new capital projects to ensure obtaining an EE CoC (Certificate of Compliance) at completion (Eskom Stipulation on additional power requirements).
- Reviewing of all EE projects implemented by project managers, according to the EnMS.
- Establishing effectively procuring and utilization of energy-efficient products and services.
- Reporting on the effectiveness of the EnMS to senior management and assessing continually to ensure that the system remains effective and relevant.
- Communicating the importance of effectively managing energy consumption and this energy policy to all.
Services & Solutions
Collaborit Engineering Services & Solutions
Collaborit combines deep experience with proven methodologies and solutions to manage the integrity of structures, ensuring they will go the distance.