Over the last few years, the Republic of South Africa has been actively implementing policies to promote Energy Efficiency throughout the country. The major policy documents focusing on Energy Efficiency Demand Side Management (EEDSM) are listed as follows:
- White Paper on the Energy Policy of the Republic of South Africa, Department of Minerals and Energy (DME), December 1998;
- White Paper on Renewable Energy, DME, November 2003;
- Regulatory Policy on Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management (EEDSM) for South African Electricity Industry, National Electricity Regulator (NERSA), July 2004;
- Energy Efficiency Strategy of the Republic of South Africa, DME, March 2005;
- Electricity Regulation Act, Government Gazette, July 2006;
- Energy Security Master Plan-Electricity, 2007-2025, DME, 2007;
- Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) for Energy, 2010-2030, Department of Energy, March 2011.
In addition to the above EEDSM policies documents, a number of policy papers in response to climate change have also been released, such as:
- A National Climate Change Response Strategy for South Africa, Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism, September 2004;
- National Climate Change Response White Paper, Government of the Republic of South Africa, October 2011;
- National Climate Change Response Green Paper 2010, Department of Environmental Affairs, November 2011;
- Draft National Tourism and Climate Change Response Programme and Action Plan, Department of Tourism, December 2011;
- Carbon Tax Policy Paper: reducing greenhouse gas emissions and facilitating the transition to a green economy, National Treasury, May 2013;
- Carbon Offsets Paper, National Treasury, April 2014.
Services & Solutions
Collaborit Engineering Services & Solutions
Collaborit combines deep experience with proven methodologies and solutions to manage the integrity of structures, ensuring they will go the distance.